Your Google Classroom should act as a landing spot for your students. A student should be able to access most materials and assignments for your class through Google Classroom including:
- Class syllabus
- Online textbook
- Links to online supplemental materials
- Link to Google Meet or Zoom links
- Access to class assignments
- Access to directions, announcements or any additional communication should be posted to Google Classroom during E-Learning Lessons
Additional Examples May Include:
- Links to daily, weekly or unit agendas
- Link to a class website
- Link to a specific app or platform being used for a daily lesson
- Class announcements
- Weekly summaries
- Log-in directions such as how to join Remind, etc.
Using Google Classroom
- Teachers should ensure that the Google Classroom site is set up for each class by the first day of school.
- Make sure students are aware of the Google Classroom training tutorials that will be posted on the Student Dashboard on each school’s website.
- Teachers should plan to spend time during the first week making sure all students are successfully enrolled in Google Classroom. Consider helping students set settings up according to their communication preferences.
- Teachers can access Google Classroom Training at classroom.google.com with the join code: rktrkh3
Rostering Google Classroom
There are 3 ways to roster your students in Google Classroom. (Please note: You will no longer be able to use Hapara to do this)
- Share the Join code with your students and have them join your class.
- Individually add each of your students
- Most efficient Method: Access a Tableau report of your class email list and copy and paste emails into Google Classroom to directly add students.
Sharing Google Classroom Join Codes
Since the majority of our students will be starting the school year in a virtual setting, access to their Google Classrooms will essentially be like access to their physical classrooms. With that in mind, we want to be able to help a lost student find their classroom much like we would during a typical school year. We envision Google Classroom "join codes" to function much like physical room numbers, so Case Managers, TAs, and Student Support Staff can help support our students in finding everything they need to actively engage in their classes.
We are asking that you please complete this form, sharing your Google Classroom "join codes" for each class so that we can best support our students in our new virtual school. Please complete this form (EAST, SOUTH, WEST) and share your Google Classroom information with your students by the end of Friday, August 14th. Please see your department chair or instructional coach if you need any support in setting up your Google Classroom. Thank you for your help in making our virtual school accessible to all of our students!