Using Citrix to Access your Virtual Windows Desktop
Citrix App Setup
- To setup Citrix Workspace (Citrix) app, start by clicking the Launcher (circle) in the lower left corner of the Chromebook screen.
- Click the “UP” arrow in the app tray
- Click on the Citrix Workspace application to start. If you don’t see it at first, you can also search for it.
- Right click (use two (2) fingers) on trackpad, select “Pin”. This action will pin the application to your chromebook Shelf.
- Type in https://desktop.maine207.org in the ACCOUNT URL and click “connect” Note: Make sure to us only this address, old addresses will not work or are being retired.
Update Citrix Settings
- Open the Citrix Workspace application and click the gear icon in the bottom right corner
- Click “add a store” and type in https://desktop.maine207.org then click “Apply”
- If you if have the old “Apps” address still in the list, you may select it from the list and click the “x” to remove it
How to Properly Login/Logoff of Citrix and Using Your Virtual Windows Desktop
- Open the Citrix App. Enter your Active Directory credentials (same login you use other windows computers). Do not use your email address as login. Click “Log On” (instead of using the enter key).
- Click on the citrix desktop you want to use.
- When you want to log off citrix, do not quick close the window. Please log out of your environment. Click the Windows “start” icon, click on your user (very top icon in start menu) and choose “sign out”.
Q: I forgot to sign out and I just quickly closed the window or I “accidentally turned off” the virtual computer. I can’t log on now right away again.
A: Your environment should reset after about 3-5 minutes. If you still can not log in, please stop by the Chrome Depot or contact the tech department through eduphoria to have it restarted.
Q: I use citrix within chrome (not the citrix app) and I can not log back in. it’s going on for a few days.
A: Try clearing the cache in your browser by selecting CTRT+Shift+Backspace(or delete) . Clear your BASIC data. If problems persist, Go to the top right corner of the screen and choose the 3 dots. Go to settings and scroll to bottom of page. Choose “Restore settings to their original default” If problems still persist, please contact the Chrome Depot or the tech department.
Q: Can I install software and save files on my citrix environment?
A: Yes, if you have a dedicated Windows Desktop assigned to you in Citrix as opposed to using the generic (Random Win 10 - changes discarded) Windows Desktop. If you are using the generic staff Desktop then any changes you make will be lost when your session ends.
Q: Can I install Citrix Workspace on my personal computer?
A: Yes, download the appropriate version directly from the Citrix website: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/