If you are having issues connecting to Zoom calls it may be caused by problems with your webcam. You can check this with the first set of instructions below. If your camera does not work on the Chromebook's camera app, try the second set of instructions to reset your Chromebook and try the camera again. If these instructions do not work, we'll set up a repair appointment to have your Chromebook exchanged and repaired.
To test your webcam:
- On your Chromebook desktop, click the circle in the bottom left of the screen.
- In the search bar that comes up, type 'camera'.
- Open the camera app and test your webcam functionality.
To hard reset your device:
- Locate the 'Refresh' key near the top middle of the keyboard (looks like a small arrow in a circle).
- Hold this key down, and tap the power button along the right edge of your Chromebook.
- Let go of both keys, and wait for the Chromebook to boot.