What happens to my school accounts after I graduate?
Graduating seniors will have their school accounts deactivated on October 1st following their graduation. Seniors need to plan ahead to transfer data and migrate their email to a new account or risk missing messages and losing access to their school data. .
Seniors should create a personal email account, notify important contact (FAFSA, employers, universities, etc) that their email address has changed, update accounts that were using the school email address to their personal email address, backup their Chromebook data and migrate their data to another account no later than September 30th in the year they graduate. Below are instructions for migrating data from a school Google account, from their school network folder (U: Drive) and backup data stored on your Chromebook (if you still have not unlocked your school managed Chromebook).
Download your data from your school Google Account
Download your data from your school U: Drive (school network account)
- Login using your username (like you would in a computer lab)
- Your username is the first part of your email address (the part before “@s207.org”)
- Use your standard (email) password
- Instructions are available after login (look for the user manual link or help button)
- Link to U: Drive online access