To fix some Chromebook problems, you might need to reset your Chromebook hardware, also called a hard reset. Try a hard reset only after other ways to fix the problem have failed. It will restart your Chromebook hardware (like your keyboard and touchpad), and might delete some files in your Downloads folder. Try restarting your device before performing a hard reset. Perform a hard reset when:
- Your Chromebook has crashed or is frozen
- Your camera or microphone are having issues.
- You are stuck 'connecting' to video calls.
- Your Chromebook is 'glitchy' or behaving strangely.
- Kiosk Apps are not available or missing
- Turn off your Chromebook.
- Press and hold Refresh + tap Power .
- When your Chromebook starts up, release Refresh .