Please see the below instructions to test your microphone on the Chromebook's camera app. Then, if the microphone is still not working, please see the second set of instructions to hard reset your device and try again. Once you have done so, let us know the results of the test. If the issue persists, please submit a request for assistance.
1. To test your webcam/microphone:
- On your Chromebook desktop, click the circle in the bottom left of the screen.
- In the search bar that comes up, type 'camera'.
- Open the camera app and test your webcam functionality.
- Switch to the video setting, and record a test video while speaking or making noise.
- Once the video is done, click the preview circle at the bottom right of the app window to open and review your video.
2. To hard reset your device:
- Locate the 'Refresh' key near the top middle of the keyboard (looks like a small arrow in a circle).
- Hold this key down, and tap the power button along the right edge of your Chromebook.
- Let go of both keys, and wait for the Chromebook to boot.