Follow these directions to “unlock” your Chromebook and remove District 207 software from your device. Contact your ChromeDepot if these directions do not work for you or if you have any questions about your school accounts. This method will only work for graduating seniors starting the day after senior finals are complete.
You need a personal Google account to complete this process. You may use an existing personal Google account or click here if you need to create one.
Backup the files saved on your Chromebook hard drive, if necessary, before the next step because removing the management software will erase all of the files on your Chromebook (your email and Google Drive Documents will not be affected).
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- Click the launcher .
- Select Files . (Files and Downloads help from Google)
- From the left menu, choose the Downloads folder
- Drag files to your Google Drive or insert a USB drive and drag the files to your USB drive.
- Files in your Google Drive will not be wiped in this process. You MUST, however, transfer all Google Drive data to a non-school Google account before your account is disabled on October 1.
- Wipe your Chromebook (files will be deleted) to remove the management software. Make sure to follow these steps closely. Repeat if it doesn’t work.
- Press Esc + + Power. A yellow exclamation point (!) is displayed.
- Press Ctrl + D to begin dev mode, and then press Enter. The Chromebook will reboot and a red exclamation point will be displayed.
- Press Space, and then press Enter. The system will reboot and local data will be cleared.
- When the transition completes, your Chromebook will boot to the Out-of-box Welcome Screen. Log in with a personal Gmail account to complete setup.
- If the management software is not removed, you’ll see a message to re-enroll the device or that it is managed by maine207.org. If this is the case, do the following:
- At the welcome screen, press ALT + V
- Record the serial number in the top right corner of the screen.
- Email your name, ID number and the serial number of your device to your school’s ChromeDepot: